Supporting London’s Night-time Economy19th May 2020 / Posted by Sefinat Otaru
The Night-time Borough Champions Network is made up of representatives from local authorities and business improvement districts to develop, safeguard and promote the city’s night-time economy. Since the covid-19 restrictions came into place, hundreds of businesses that contribute to the night-time economy have been adversely affected.
Over the past few weeks, CRP has contributed to two online round-tables hosted by the GLA to address the plight of the night time industry, from pubs and restaurants to bars and clubs to museums and theatres, and more, to enable them to not just survive the pandemic, but open up safely for staff and patrons more resilient than ever. See here for additional resources to help business and individuals through the pandemic.
The meetings have been a platform for receiving updates from other Champions and sharing common issues, a sounding board for tentative ideas and plans, as well as a forum for highlighting useful resources for the business community. Such resources include the:
- Government’s Bounce Back loan scheme
- Mayor of London’s new fund to support London’s at-risk cultural organisations
- Pay It Forward scheme to pre-sell services (recently launched)
- Covid Business Interruption Loan Scheme accredited lenders
- London Growth Hub (loan and grant opportunities and business support)
- Guidance for empty commercial premises from the Safer Business Network: Link 1 and Link 2