Smarter Greener Logistics (SGL) | Update12th December 2023 / Posted by Guillaume Strebelle
While it has only been 6 months since the launch of the programme, CRP have encouraging and exciting updates to share with you below:
- CRP will be supporting a 6-month micro-logistics hub in the undercroft of Waterloo Station.
- CRP’s Pimlico Hub has removed 3,260kg CO2 over 7 months, and other hubs are in the pipeline.
- CRP will enable up to 6 local authorities to trial virtual loading bays in 2 locations, improving air quality and reduce congestion levels.
- CRP will support the installation of parcel lockers in Richmond, Wandsworth, Hackney and potentially other locations.
- Fully fund and support the installation of electric charging infrastructure at up to 3 agreed locations.
- Reduce carbon emissions by incorporating cargo bikes or walking freight as part of the last-mile delivery.
- CRP is acting as a bridge between local authorities and logistics operators, encouraging and enabling a shift towards low-carbon logistics.
- CRP is monitoring benefits of being part of the SGL programme in terms of Nitrogen Dioxide / Oxides, Particulate Matter (2.5 & 10) and Carbon Dioxide.
- Support the integration of river freight with parcel lockers, virtual loading bays, and low emission onward delivery.
Find out more about the SGL programme here.
For regular updates on the various SGL projects, be sure to sign up to our newsletter.