Well Done to the Healthy Streets Everyday Car Free Day School Mural Competition Winners!27th September 2021 / Posted by Fiona Coull
This year to support CFD 2021, CRP’s Healthy Streets Everyday Programme held a School Mural competition to raise awareness and engage school children on the topics of air pollution and active travel. Winners were announced on Wednesday 22nd September via CRP’s Instagram!
As part of the competition, pupils were asked to design a mural based on the question “What do you think a future with clean air looks like?”. This included:
- Walking, cycling and scooting to school
- Streets without cars
- Tree planting and nature
- Using renewable energy sources
- Links between air pollution and health
Schools had the chance to win £5k of funding to create a mural, helping to incorporate more art into our streets and support local artists that have been particularly impacted
by the pandemic.
We had over 150 mural submissions as part of the competition, however the winning school murals were designed by:
- Mariyah from Cayley Primary School in London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Middle Park Primary School in Royal Borough of Greenwich (pictured)
- Lucy from William Tyndale School in London Borough of Islington
Congratulations to our winners and well done to everyone who entered the competition – it was great to see so many brilliant entries!
For further information about the HSE Programme, please contact CRP Project Manager Fiona Coull.