November Update: Clean Air Logistics for London21st November 2022 / Posted by Fiona Coull
CRP and partners have been working hard to deliver the Defra-funded Clean Air Logistics for London (CALL) project.
Here’s some of the things we’ve achieved over the last few months!
- This month we published our first CALL case study, which details the CRP River Freight Trial! It provides all the key information about setting up a pilot, as well as the amazing impact it had on local emissions.
- Working with London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham to develop a sustainable deliveries hub at the Chelsea Harbour Estate. The hub has been approved and we are hoping to install the infrastructure in January … watch this space!
- We have identified two potential vessels to retrofit and are in the process of finalising the details.
- Working with London Borough of Lambeth to support their electric vehicle (EV) charging strategy, providing funding for EV chargers across the borough.
- Working with the Port of London Authority to reinstate the Woods Quay River Freight Trial to carry out monthly deliveries at much larger volumes. We are hoping the trial will restart early in the new year.
- Working with The Fitzrovia Partnership to carry out a walking freight trial. We have been given all the relevant permissions from London Borough of Camden and the Metropolitan Police. We have also identified several potential spaces to run the trial!
- We have been working with Westminster City Council, London Borough Islington and London Borough of Southwark to identify potential micro hub sites. Sites have been found in all three boroughs and we are now looking to set up trials.
For more information, please contact CRP Programme Manager Fiona Coull (email@example.com).