Energy Saving Week 202226th January 2022 / Posted by CRP Team
17th – 23rd January was the Big Energy Saving Week! The week consisted of a campaign run in partnership between the Citizens Advice, the Energy Saving Trust and the
Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy supported by charities and organisations promoting public awareness to help people think of ways to cut their energy bills whilst making their homes more energy efficient.
With the cost of gas and electricity bills rising, it is important to take action to minimise costs whilst keeping warm and cosy when at home. There are a range of ideas to reduce the cost of fuel bills by ensuring that your home is well-insulated, to avoid heat escaping.
Heat is most likely to escape around doors and windows. Some simple and relatively cheap things you can easily do could be:
- Turning down the heating thermostat by 1 degree.
- Installing foam strips around doors and windows to fill gaps and using a draught excluder.
- Install secondary glazing film, thermal curtains, or blinds over draughty windows.
- Top up loft insulation to a depth of 27cm.
- For a draughty floor use a rug.