#CycleToWorkDay11th August 2020 / Posted by Rachael Aldridge
Cycle to Work Day is the UK’s biggest cycle commuting event, which took place on 6th August this year. With many of us continuing to work from home, why not go on a bike ride before or after work! We have come up with 7 top tips which may be of use to those starting out with cycling from lockdown, or a refresher for the more experienced cyclist.
- Take part in some cycle training (TfL free training is available for all abilities).
- Adapt for the seasons – check the weather, invest in a good waterproof! And make sure you’re always visible and illuminated, especially in the early Autumn evenings.
- E-bikes are a good option if your journey is longer. Take a look at the CRP Clean Air Villages Directory for some great bike suppliers.
- Look at where other cyclists are heading and don’t cycle right next to the pavement or on drain covers.
- Keep hydrated!
- Find a cycle buddy to help build confidence.
- Check out the cycle parking at your work space.
For more information, please contact CRP Project Officer Rachael Aldridge, firstname.lastname@example.org