CamdenAbility Update12th November 2018 / Posted by CRP Team
CRP’s CamdenAbility project, our innovative disability employment initiative delivered in partnership with the Business Disability Forum, is having a really busy year. The project is funded and supported by Camden Council, and works with a network of local employers to improve disability standards and create opportunities for Camden residents with disabilities and long term health conditions.
Delivery in 2018 has seen our employer network grow and the creation of a variety of employment focused opportunities for our disabled candidates. Some of this year’s highlights include:
- Growing our employer network to over 30 employers committed to improving disability confidence and recruiting local residents with disabilities.
- Creating 12 jobs by supporting and advising employers to make reasonable adjustments for candidates with disabilities, including learning disabilities, autism, sensory impairment and long term health conditions.
- Arranging 8 work placements.
- Arranging 17 interview practices.
- Delivering 8 employability workshops.
- Facilitating 3 disability training sessions and 2 network meetings to our employer network with Business Disability Forum.
- Holding 1 ‘Meet the Employer’ reverse recruitment event.
- Carrying our 3 business tours.
- Providing 43 local disabled jobseekers intensive support through the project.
This year has seen the project create more jobs for our disabled candidates and encourage much greater engagement from our employers through a comprehensive events schedule and deliver even more tailored training and consultancy to improve disability standards and grow our network of committed employers.
To find out more about the project, please contact our Specialist Workplace Coordinator Parma Sira.