CamdenAbility renewed for 2018!29th January 2018 / Posted by Parma Sira
CRP are delighted to announce the renewal of CamdenAbility, our innovative disability employment initiative. The project is funded by the London Borough of Camden, delivered in partnership with Business Disability Forum and works with a network of local employers to improve disability standards and create opportunities for Camden residents with disabilities.
CamdenAbility launched in February 2017 and delivered some fantastic results in our successful first year of delivery:
- Established a network of 23 employers committed to improving disability confidence and recruit local residents with disabilities
- 13 jobs created by supporting and advising employers to make reasonable adjustments for candidates with disabilities, including learning disabilities, autism, sensory impairment and long term health conditions.
- 11 work placements have been arranged
- 11 days of free tailored specialist consultancy delivered
- 6 disability training workshops delivered and 3 employer network meetings held
Now in its second year, CamdenAbility will create even more jobs for our disabled candidates, encourage greater engagement from our employers through a comprehensive events schedule that will include site tours, work shadowing and reverse job fairs, deliver even more tailored training and consultancy to improve disability standards and grow our network of committed employers.