CamdenAbility extended for 2019!16th January 2019 / Posted by CRP Team
CRP are delighted to announce that CamdenAbility, our innovative disability employment initiative, has been extended by 6 months until 30th June 2019. CamdenAbility is funded and supported by Camden Council and delivered in partnership with Business Disability Forum. The project works with a network of local employers to improve disability standards and create opportunities for Camden residents with disabilities and long term health conditions.
Launched in 2017, CamdenAbility has delivered some fantastic results and made a real difference to disabled jobseekers in Camden. It works collaboratively with our network of local employers to improve disability standards and confidence levels in the borough.
Last year was a really busy year for CamdenAbility and some of our achievements are listed below:
- Established a network of 32 employers committed to improving disability confidence and recruit local residents with disabilities.
- 16 jobs created for Camden residents disabilities and long term health conditions.
- 13 work placements and work shadowing assignments created.
- 23 mock interviews held with local businesses.
- 8 employability workshops delivered.
- 44 local jobseekers supported.
- 5 business tours arranged.
- 4 disability training events delivered and 4 network meetings facilitated.
- 16 employers attended our fantastically successful reverse job fairs.
To find out more about the project, please contact our Specialist Workplace Coordinator Parma Sira at firstname.lastname@example.org