In July 2020, as part of our people-friendly streets scheme, we introduced a low traffic neighbourhood trial in St Peter’s.
Like many neighbourhoods within the borough, St Peter’s has suffered from increased traffic volumes in recent years from the use of the area as a short-cut.
We are making the following changes:
- Relocate the existing bus gate on Prebend Street to just west of
the junction of Coleman Fields
- Install a new traffic filter at Coleman Fields near the junction with
- Both filters will be camera-controlled
- Remove the existing width restriction on Prebend Street
- Convert 12 metres of parking bay on Basire Street into a loading
bay for local businesses. This will be operational between
8.30am-6.30pm Monday-Friday and 8.30am-1.30pm on
Saturdays. The bay will be available for residents and visitors
parking outside these hours