Loveday Road (W13) area is a low traffic neighbourhood (LTN) that was introduced in early-November 2020, on an experimental basis, made possible with funding from Transport for London (TfL). There was significant concern that large numbers of people would drive in order to avoid contact with others on public transport due to social distancing measures. This could potentially lead to a large increase in rat-run traffic through this area.
There was a temporary installation of wooden planters, camera enforcement and accompanying signage to discourage rat-run traffic at the following locations:
- Rathgar Avenue near Lavington Road junction – full closure
- Culmington Road between Elers Road and Lammas Park Gardens – full closure
- Loveday Road near Churchfield Road junction – full closure
- Lyncroft Gardens near Carew Road junction – full closure
- Elers Road near Carew Road junction – full closure
The emergency services and refuse vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists remain unaffected and continue to have access through the road closures. All other vehicles may have to find alternative routes. Residents continue to have access by car to their properties, but this may be via alternative directions.