London has an air quality problem which affects the health of residents and businesses alike. Without action, London could become a less attractive place to shop, visit and do business.
With the support of the Mayor of London, CRP’s Clean Air Better Business (CABB) programme is helping our public and private sector partners and central London businesses to improve air quality by:
- Making business deliveries more efficient, reduce congestion and air pollution while saving time and money via the deliverBEST business support programme;
- Addressing the air quality impact of online shopping and personal deliveries via the ‘Click. Collect. Clean Air.‘ behaviour change campaign;
- Developing and promoting ‘clean air walking routes‘ and raising awareness of exposure mitigation;
- Delivering environmental improvements to mitigate air pollution and encourage active transport; and,
- Communicating air quality messages with the business community.
CABB is supported with the maximum £400,000 award from the Mayor’s Air Quality Fund (Round 2) and with public and private sector partner funding of £480,000.
This builds upon the success of the CABB programme in Round 1 of the Mayor’s Air Quality Fund Round 1, which delivered:
- Air quality awareness raising and capacity building with BID members and the wider business community;
- An air quality widget – to raise awareness, stimulate action and enable exposure mitigation;
- Delivery and Servicing Plans for BID members and businesses – to rationalize movements, reduce traffic and congestion and achieve time, cost and emissions savings;
- Travel to work plans – to make travel to work more sustainable;
- A directory of suppliers using zero and low emission (ZLE) vehicles – to enable businesses to choose to use ZLE vehicles providers/services;
- Promotion of zero and low emission vehicles to businesses, the public sector and the taxi and private hire industries.
The CABB programme and our partners efforts have been recognised at a national level, being finalist and runner-up for two awards.
The Energy Savings Trust’s Fleet Hero Awards and the National Air Quality Awards reward excellence and innovation for those working towards driving down air pollution and improving air quality.
This is fantastic recognition for CABB partners’ efforts, alongside CRP and the Mayor’s Air Quality Fund, to improve air quality across central London.
“The CABB programme supports our partners to share, innovate and deliver positive, impactful interventions to improve air quality across central London. ”
Brendon Harper, Air Quality Project Manager